Saturday, October 21, 2006

wonders of the world

Now you have a chance to vote on the new 7 wonders of the world. I've been to (or at least the site of) 4 of the 7 ancient wonders of the world; Olympia, Ephesus, Rhodes, and Giza. I've missed Halicarnassus, Babylon, and Alexandria.

Here's a page with links to the current 7 ancient wonders and the 21 candidates for the new 7 wonders. Of the proposed 21, I've only seen 9 of them; the Acropolis, the Colosseum, the Eiffel Tower, the Great Wall of China, the Hagia Sophia, the Kremlin, Neuschwanstein Castle, the Pyramids of Giza,and the Statue of Liberty.

The list is cool although I think there are some other places just as cool as some on the proposed list. Here's a pretty comprehensive list of various wonders. I am fortunate to have seen many on those lists as well. Yet in the end, none of these things replace the wonder of some or the things I get to experience every day.

Today I served at our Saturday outreach. I watch a group of people - motivated by nothing other than a desire to glorify God and love for others - change oil in cars for free in a poor housing area. That was wondrous.

Then I came home and my wife of 22 years - girlfriend of 28 - gave me a big hug and told me she loves me. How a man like me could be blessed with a woman who so beautiful in so many ways is a wondrous thing.

I just returned from the park with my daughter. She wanted to spend some time with me and so we went out there to take some pictures of her. I look at her and I see an angel. She is pretty but more than that, she has a deep inner beauty. I'm in awe as I look at her and see the kindness of her heart.

And now my son is downstairs playing his piano - it's heavenly. What a wonder it is that such a kind, tender, and talented man could be my son. God has truly blessed me.

So yes, I've seen a lot of stuff and I'd like to see more, but seeing the touch of God in my life is more wonder than I could ever imagine. I pray I would always have eyes to see Him and His Kingdom at work around me.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

reftagger