Wednesday, October 04, 2006

isn't scripture comprehensive?

I will not fully develop this issue to any real degree in this post but Randy "no-blog" and I are having a little back-and-forth regarding God speaking today. Actually, if we are to continue, we will first need to better clarify what exactly we are positioning ourselves around. But for now, Randy quotes Paul in, 2 Ti 3.15-17, "and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work." Isn't that enough? What else is needed?

I quote Paul also in reply. 1 The 5.19-22, "Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil." What more do I need? I need the Spirit of God and all that He wants to give me.

Comments?

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

reftagger