Monday, July 02, 2007

8 questions that should be asked before teaching

FusionPastor posts these eight questions Francis Chan asks before speaking or teaching. They are excellent for anyone teaching, be it in front of a large group or simply guiding discussion in small group.
  • Am I worried about what people think or about what God thinks about my message?
  • Do I truly love the people Im speaking to?
  • Am I accurately presenting the message?
  • Am I depending on the Holy Spirit's power or my own?
  • Am I more in love with God when I'm teaching, or when I'm in private?
  • Have I applied this message to my own life?
  • Will this message draw attention to me or to God?
  • Do the people really need this?
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. - James, the brother of Jesus.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

reftagger