Monday, September 10, 2007

what's needed to be saved?

So what are the bare minimum knowledge need to saved (at least the initialially)? Peter Cockrell offers these.
  • God must be desired. It is not sufficient to want to escape punishment and have a heaven devoid of God.
  • One must recognize in some degree his or her own sinfulness, separation from God, and position as being worthy of God’s just judgment.
  • One must hope only in Christ as his or her own means of being saved from God’s wrath and reconciled to Him.
  • One must repent of His sin, and based on God’s gift of faith, pursue righteousness.
Read his entire post here.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Rick Frueh said...

But those things mentioned can appear as something else. I did not have a complete knowledge of my sin, but I felt empty and purposeless. I realized that Jesus was the way to eternal life.

Saved - 1975. Dramatically. So let us not limit the Spirit while still being moored to Biblical clearity.

ricki said...

Rick - That's why I liked the choice of language, i.e., "recognize in some degree". I was chief of all sinners but I didn't realize just how depraved I was until after the 'journey' started.

reftagger