Saturday, December 16, 2006

joseph holding jesus

324287084 97377E63Ea
Today the world is looking for men –
Men who are not for sale, honest, sound from center to circumference, true to the heart’s core.
Men whose consciences are steady as a needle to the pole.
Men who will stand for right even if heaven totters and the earth reels.
Men who can tell the truth and look the world right in the eye.
Men who neither brag nor run, who neither flag nor flinch.
Men who can have courage without shouting it.
Men in whom the courage of everlasting life still runs deep and strong.
Men who know their message and tell it; men who know their place and fill it; men who know their business and attend to it.
Men who will not lie; will not shirk; will not dodge.
Men who are not too lazy to work; too proud to be poor.

Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know the name of this painting/the artist/or where a print may be available? Thanks!

ricki said...

Sorry, no ... I saw it from a friend of mine who painted a giant version of it for one of those outdoor Christmas display. Unfortunately he copied it from a painting he saw somewhere else and wasn't able to remember where/who/etc. when I asked him (and that was about 15 years ago. In fact I cannot even figure out how I got this web version of it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for trying =)

Anonymous said...

I saw this picture at an Apple Festival a few years ago, at the Altamont Fairgrounds in NY. I asked the vendor who said it was painted my the monks... but I cannot remember which monks or from where he said they were located. I've been searching all over for this... it is one of the most moving pictures I've ever had the honnor of seeing.

Unknown said...

Greetings from Waterloo, NY. I found a copy of this picture at a yard sale and purchased it for a grad class art project. Little to my dismay there is VERY little about this picture that I can find to report...-10-2009

reftagger