Sunday, October 07, 2007

macarthur on worship

Based on Heb 10.22, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water, John MacArthur extracts four helpful tips for preparing one's heart for worship.
  • Am I sincere?
  • Am I coming in faith?
  • Am I humble?
  • Am I pure?
I think these are excellent questions to ask ourselves. Given MacArthur's criticisms of 'mystics' and 'manipulators', I'm not sure where he would allow space for this process of introspection. That aside, he is right about the questions and I highly recommend we take some time to still our hearts and minds to search ourselves for the answer to each of these (just be careful what you name it and you should be ok).

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Rick Frueh said...

Here's one for John Birch:

Am I sincere? - Yes!
Am I coming in faith? - Yes!
Am I pure? - Yes!
Am I humble? - Y...uh...no.

reftagger