Sunday, October 21, 2007

dark side of the moon

DsotmI was hanging out with a neighbor reminiscing about the old days of recording. I remember when I got my first cassette tape recorder sitting in front of the radio for hours. Since I was recording 'through the air', i.e., no wires, I had to wait until everyone was out of the house - I needed absolute quiet. The radio was to big to easily move around so there I sat in the living room holding that cassette recorder up to the stereo speaker box. Crazy.

My neighbor was stranger. As a musician he wanted to record himself on multiple tracks. Therefore he had two recorders. He recorded one part on the first recorder, then played that back while recording with the second recorder and playing another part of a song.

So with that said, if you have an hour and you really like Pink Floyd and hearing how things were done back in the day, here are some clips explaining the making of Dark Side of the Moon.





"That's not to say the potential of for the sun to shine doesn't exist, walk down the path towards the light rather than walk into the darkness."

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

reftagger