Friday, November 02, 2007

no more wimps

Feel free to disagree with me but I like that John Piper more and more ... here he outlines gender roles in combat and cultural cowardice.
If I were the last man on the planet to think so, I would want the honor of saying no woman should go before me into combat to defend my country. A man who endorses women in combat is not pro-woman; he’s a wimp. He should be ashamed. For most of history, in most cultures, he would have been utterly scorned as a coward to promote such an idea. Part of the meaning of manhood as God created us is the sense of responsibility for the safety and welfare of our women.

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Rick Frueh said...

I do not think that refernces to "culture" or "defending my country" have New Testament relevance. A better argument from a Scriptural perspective would be "keepers at home" or other verses that reveal the different role God has for women and men.

reftagger