Saturday, October 29, 2011

god is faithful


My dad sent me these Scripture references on God's faithfulness ...

Deuteronomy 4:31: “For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.”

Deuteronomy 7:9: “Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.”

Deuteronomy 32:4: “He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.”

Numbers 23:19: “God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?”

1 Kings 8:20: “The LORD has kept the promise he made: I have succeeded David my father and now I sit on the throne of Israel, just as the LORD promised, and I have built the temple for the Name of the LORD, the God of Israel.”

1 Samuel 15:29: “He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a man, that he should change his mind."

1 Kings 8:56: “Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses.”

Psalm 9:10: “Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.”

Psalm 36:5: “Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.”

Psalm 40:10: “I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.”

Psalm 89:2, 8: “I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself... O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you.”; (33) “but I will not take my love from him, nor will I ever betray my faithfulness.”

Psalm 92:1-2: “It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night,”

Psalm 105:8: “He remembers his covenant forever, the word he commanded, for a thousand generations”

Psalms 111:5: “He provides food for those who fear him; he remembers his covenant forever.”

Psalm 117: “Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD.”

Psalm 119:89-90: “Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures.”

Psalm 119:160: “All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.”

Psalm 143:1: “O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief.”

Isaiah 25:1: “O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.”

Isaiah 46:11b: “What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do.”

Isaiah 49:7: “This is what the LORD says— the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel— to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation, to the servant of rulers: "Kings will see you and rise up, princes will see and bow down, because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you."

Isaiah 54:10: “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

Lamentations 3:22-24: “Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

Romans 3:3-4: “What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge."

1 Corinthians 1:9: “God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.”

1 Corinthians 10:13: “No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”

2 Corinthians 1:20: “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.”

I Thessalonians 5:23-24: “May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it”.

Hebrews 10:23: “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful”.

I John 1:9: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

Revelation 19:11: “I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.”

No comments:

reftagger