Friday, October 28, 2011

don't occupy wall street

I'm not a big fan of the 'occupy wall street' gang. I've heard only one rationale issue that may be motivating some of the protestors but the rest of what I heard was rubbish. Regardless of what the point is and what I think of the specific issue, I think these wise words by John Mark Reynolds are overarching. 

Here are the money lines (pardon the pun).

Instead of occupying Wall Street, all Americans need to restore our ethics and our ability to self-govern.

Americans must recognize that greed and immorality come from “we the people” and not from outsiders. We have lived beyond our means. We have forgotten that just because a thing is legal does not mean it is good. We do not resent graft, but are angry we did not get our own cut.

Christian values are the solution, love of neighbor and self-restraint, but those values need to be lived in my life. God help us occupy ourselves in pursuit of goodness, truth, and beauty in our own lines and only then dare help our neighbor.

Read the post here.

No comments:

reftagger