Sunday, November 12, 2006

memorial for soldiers

0553589083.01. Aa240 Sclzzzzzzz V56508080 Late for Veteran's Day but this from Flags of Our Fathers made me cry nonetheless ...

When you go home
Tell them for us and say
For your tomorrow
We gave our today


Thank you to all the men, women, and families that sacrificed for my freedom. Thank God that He instilled this sense of patriotism in our hearts. I pray that for me, passion for my country and for His Kingdom would increase.

My perception is that few understand a sacrificial sense of responsibility to country. Fewer understand that toward God. I find it curious since I believe both come from God. Why does He seem to instill in most less passion for Him than for our country?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rick,
You forgot to mention that you are a veteran.

reftagger