Monday, November 06, 2006

giving it away

If you know me, you've heard me say it a million times, healthy things beget healthy things. Because I believe that I am becoming more and more excited to be part of what God is doing here at NorthStar Vineyard. Recently I learned 25% of the church budget is given away - whether for outreach events, missions trips, etc., it's given for needs outside of the this body. Cool!

But this Sunday I also learned that NorthStar, a community planted just 4 years ago, is now involved in its third church plant - these guys get it! While so many others are bogged down in the reason why they cannot do this kind of thing, these guys are just out there doing it.

Among other things, I think that they understand what is meant by 1 Tim 6.17-19, "As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life." I think they really believe that God is their source and that we are here to be people of generosity, giving beyond human expectations and thereby bringing God glory and sowing treasures in heaven.

I'm looking forward to what He is doing here. If you or your church is not doing this, honestly ask yourself, why? Do you really believe His Word? Perhaps you have let the cares of the world cloud your understanding and passion for His truth? If you want to break free, give something precious away. The Lord is good.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

reftagger