- Deep Breathing - oh oh; I'm all for advice like "get comfortable", "find a quiet place", etc. but this advice seems to go beyond simple help and more into something "spooky" ... don't get into it.
- Lectio Divina - this is about sacred reading or meditation on the Word; GREAT! We could all stand to do more.
- Ignatian Contemplative - stuff like visualizing the situation of Biblical text with you in it or take an event from your past and meditating on the actual event and then "what if" the Spirit were present; my advice, run don't walk from this one.
- Labyrinths - this one is a journey to the center of a spiral pattern traced on the ground and journey back out again. While walking through the pathway in the labyrinth, participants are encouraged to ask God to speak to them in the walking; again, run don't walk away from this. I recommend a simple walk through your favorite garden spot.
- Taizé - it's French - 'nough said!
- Iona - accountability groups but with spookiness; leave it alone.
Technorati Tags: prayer