Monday, January 30, 2006

judging others

John MacArthur rightly states that "our passion ought to be to proclaim the fundamentals with clarity and precision, in order to turn people away from the darkness of error" yet I wrestle with Jesus' word's in Mt 13.25-30. How do we protect the flock by confronting error and yet preserve the harvest?

I have written and deleted and written and deleted much on this but with each conclusion, I only find pain. I find myself surrounded by dear friends that I believe have bought into false-teaching yet they themselves are bringing charges of false-teaching. They are doing so under the banner of confronting error. I pray they understand that the real choice is to agree to live in peace to later judge the fruit or to be confronted themselves. The latter will bring God no glory.

Technorati Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rick,
Is it I?
Randy B.

reftagger