Monday, January 16, 2006

giving sermon

I spoke at ICF  yesterday about giving and it went well. My intent was not so much that they would buy into my message but that this message would stir their hearts; causing them to go to God's Word to search for themselves what they should be doing in the area of financial giving. The feedback I received was just that. I had several comments that included the word "challenging". Thanks be to God for working through me.
 
I especially liked the words of one of the songs that the band did, "I Give You My Heart" by Reuben Morgan. I repeated it as a closing prayer and asked that we consider what the words really mean when we say that we give God our all.
 
This is my desire
To honor You
Lord with all my heart
I worship You
All I have within me
I give You praise
All that I adore
Is in You
 
Chorus:
Lord I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for You alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me
 
Technorati Tags :

No comments:

reftagger