Thursday, January 19, 2006

the difference

Last night Richard Maybery spoke on an "Open Heaven". There was a lot in there but the key I found was the message of what makes the church different than the world. As a preacher, how am I different than the motivational speaker? As a community of believers, how are we different than a business? As a believer, how am I different than an unbeliever?
 
The answer is the presence of God. That's not to take away from God's omnipresence but He clearly comes in a special way in certain times, on certain people, in certain places. In the end we need His presence to make a real difference in our lives. Do I see the Kingdom of God in my life and the lives of those He has put me in contact with? And of course this is not limited to the believer because it is the presence of God that redeems a person from darkness.
 
It is only by His power that we can have true love, unity, righteousness, peace, joy, emotional healing, physical healing, mental healing, prosperity, and on goes the list...let's not argue the list but rather let's seek His presence and see what He will do.
 

No comments:

reftagger