Saturday, November 26, 2005

lead by example and give god the glory

Today I lead our church council meeting. This is a team of all ICF ministry leaders. As the team leader, I must instill a sense of vision. I am motivated by Charles Kettering, “High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.”

I find myself frustrated with the sacrifice of time, energy, and money in the congregation (not unique to ICF). It seems we are falling short of the greatness we believe God intends.

As I reflect on my frustration, I am reminded of 1 Chr 29.1-20 and realize that I have not demonstrated the same. That is, to give wholeheartedly and then stand before God and His people to proclaim His goodness.

My intent today is to do that. Lord be with me.

Technorati Tags :

No comments:

reftagger