Friday, April 17, 2009

protestants split

When 1000 Protestant Pastors were asked, "I believe global warming is real and man-made," the responses were evenly split (Ed Stetzer). I'm not sure this proves anything although in my mind it reinforces what I already think which is we believe what we already tend to believe and will change only through some crisis event or a long time submerged in another culture. Because I have not bought the theory of global warming as a result of anthropogenic greenhouse gases, I'm told I'm in the minority. I think that is becoming more true but only because the idea of being in the minority influences people. I think that like many things, there's a tipping point here and more people will find it hard to present reason for disbelieving the theory. None of that makes it true, it's just how people work.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

reftagger