- If you’re in ministry and you’re not growing leaders, you’re not doing your job.
- If you grow leaders and give them away the ministry will take care of itself.
- You grow leaders on the job. High demands and lots of belief in them. Room to succeed and room to fail.
- Create the right context and workers will be banging on your door trying to get in.
- If Jesus was running your movement, guys like Des would be his right hand men. Read the gospels.
- Des is smart but there is no way guys like him would make it through most denominational systems of training. They don’t like sitting still.
- Leadership development is as much about character as it is about knowledge and skills.