Sunday, September 24, 2006

saturday service project

Barb and I joined the NSV gang to serve in a couple of low income housing areas around here. This is a weekly outing to serve the needy in our own community. We went door to door giving out small packages of food. It was pretty cool. The church has been targeting a few neighborhoods in an attempt to build relationships as we serve. I sensed an openness in the community to us being there and that felt good.

I also liked it because we were partnering with another church community with the same passion for outreach.

Today was neat in that some connections were made and I'm excited about the potential I see in the Kingdom.

The direction of NSV relative to outreach is awesome. They have wide range of activities to provide us opportunities to give God's love away - very cool.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

reftagger