Sunday, September 24, 2006

making a difference

Piper on making a difference, "You don't have to know a lot of things for your life to make a lasting difference in the world ... you have to know a few great, majestic, unchanging, obvious, simple, glorious things - or one great all-embracing thing - and be set on fire by them."

Paul, the Apostle, "I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." 1 Co 2.2

What is setting your heart on fire today? What passion is driving you? Is there a single, great, all-embracing something (or someone) that pulls all of life's meaning together for you to provide purpose and drive?

Lord God come and fill our hearts with your burning fire. Take our lives and make us into people worthy of the price you paid for us. Turn us to the cross and to yourself. Help us to die and then raise again with you and you alone as our soul passion. Let us love and adore you above all and may that drive all that we say and all that we do.

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2.19-20

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

reftagger