Sunday, September 10, 2006

leaving prints

"... your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 1 Co 6.19-20

When I was younger we had horses. I loved to ride for hours. As I road along the country roads around our home in Minnesota, I would often look back to see the fresh hoof-prints in the gravel alongside the road. I spent much time thinking that as I went through life, I wanted to leave prints - a trail of some kind.

Now that I have been redeemed, I want the same, but with a much higher purpose. I want to leave a mark for Christ on the lives that He brings into contact with mine. I pray that my life would not be wasted. That I would glorify him in all that I do.



The old hymn, in reference to Phil 1.21, goes, "Only one life , twill soon be past, Only what's done For Christ will last. To me to live is Christ." John Piper, in "Don't Waste Your Life", John Piper reminds us that we only get one pass at life, don't waste it. Live it with a vengeance. Our God and King took hold of us for a purpose. Let's glorify Him is all.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

reftagger