Friday, March 08, 2013

he is with us


What stronger consolation could believers desire than this? Whatever happens, they at least are never completely friendless and alone. Christ is ever with them. They may look into the grave, and say with David, “though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for you are with me.” They may look forward beyond the grave, and say with Paul, “we shall ever be with the Lord.” (Psalm 23:4. 1 Thes. 4:17.) He has said it, and He will stand to it, “I am with you always, even to the end of the world.” “I will never leave you and never forsake you.” We could ask nothing more. Let us go on believing, and not be afraid. It is everything to be a real Christian. None have such a King, such a Priest, such a constant Companion, and such an unfailing Friend, as the true servants of Christ.

No comments:

reftagger