Monday, January 02, 2012

longing for the word


As love for Scripture is attacked, I'll go with the words of the Psalmist in Psalm 119:

  • “In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches” (v. 14).
  • “My soul is consumed with longing for your rules at all times” (v. 20).
  • “Behold, I long for your precepts” (v. 40).
  • “For I find my delight in your commandments, which I love” (v. 47).
  • “The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces” (v. 72).
  • “Oh how I love your law!” (v. 97).
  • “How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” (v. 103).
  • “Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart” (v. 111).
  • “Therefore I love your commandments above gold, above fine gold” (v. 127).
  • “I rejoice at your word like one who finds great spoil” (v. 162).
  • “My soul keeps your testimonies; I love them exceedingly” (v. 167).

No comments:

reftagger