Friday, May 07, 2010

a woman who fears the lord

This week I spent some time in Proverbs and with Sunday being Mother's Day, I've been thinking of my wife who I met nearly 32 years ago.

Proverbs 5.15-19, "Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well. Should your springs be scattered abroad, streams of water in the streets? Let them be for yourself alone, and not for strangers with you. Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love."

I am 100% dedicated to this beautiful and most excellent of women. I consider it a blessing to be her husband and pray I satisfy her the way she does me.

Proverbs 31.10-31 ...

I have found an excellent wife! She is far more precious than jewels. I trust her without reserve and I have never regretted it. She has been very, very good to me her whole life. She is a diligent shopper, obtaining all she needs to complete her work. She goes all over to find the best deals and surprises me often with special gifts. She is the first one up in the morning to ensure her house is set right for her family. None of us is ever wanting. She considers wisely her purchases and is always looking for the best value. She prepares herself for hard work and does it well. She knows the worth of her work and is not anxious to quit. She is a skilled homemaker and quick to apply herself. She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. She doesn't worry when winter comes because she knows she has prepared her family well. She ensures our bed is made and dresses herself well (and modestly). I am known and respected because of her. While she doesn't sew, she is frugal and consistently finds bargains to save money. She clothes herself with both strength and dignity and she smiles as she contemplates the future. She speaks only wisdom; kindness is always on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and is always busy and productive. Her children respect and bless her; and I eagerly join in her praise saying, "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.” Charm can mislead and beauty fade but her charm and beauty are from within. She fears the Lord. I hope to give her all she deserves; her life should be filled with praise.

No comments:

reftagger