Friday, September 04, 2009

healthcare truth

I still wonder what Obamacare is intended to resolve and why so many, especially Christians, have jumped on that bandwagon. Bottom line, I don't know what the truth is regarding the so called crisis. I read this today and since it matches my bias, I'm going with it.

Nearly nine out of 10 Americans say they have coverage -- and large majorities of them are happy with it. Of the 46 million uninsured, 9.7 million are not U.S. citizens; 17.6 million have annual incomes of more than $50,000; and 14 million already qualify for Medicaid or other programs. That leaves less than five million people truly uncovered out of a population of 307 million.

This health care "crisis" feels not unlike the global warming crisis. Yes there are real issues out there and yes it's clear the body of Christ is not behaving as such. But I fail to see how government is the solution and I fail to see the issue as portrayed by those trying to sway me.

No comments:

reftagger