Monday, July 06, 2009

climate change change

Slowly but surely public and political opinion is reversing regarding global warming as a result of human activity. I intentionally left off scientific opinion because I was never fully convinced which way science was pointing on this issue - it seemed to me that it was heavily influenced by public and political opinion rather than true science.

Anyway, it seems I read more and more these days about real concerns with the theory and a slowing of the mad press forward to fix this before we really understand if there is something to fix. While that pleases me, I pray Christians would realize that we are not to mindlessly destroy the creation that Our Creator has graciously given us dominion over.

4 comments:

Geoff said...

Well, you know where I stand, but I want to whole-heartedly agree with your prayer:
"I pray Christians would realize that we are not to mindlessly destroy the creation that Our Creator has graciously given us dominion over."
Amen.

ricki said...

Amen to that! I really cannot understand the attitude of many regarding how to live rightly.

Randy (no blog) said...

Rick, I agree that we are stewards of the earth just like we are stewards of everything God has given us. However, I disagree with those who put the rest of creation on the same level with man with the same rights.

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule ...over all the earth 1:28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth." 1:29 Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant...

Daniel C said...

Agreed.

reftagger