Thursday, January 01, 2009

what or who is the question

I think I get it when I read some folks saying that "Jesus is the question." While some are just mental gypsy's trying to sound chic, others have put some good thought into this and I tend to agree with some of the reasoning. On the other hand, the sentiment that Jesus is the question does not replace that He is also the answer.

Job asked, "But how can a man be in the right before God?" (Job 9.2). I think this is possibly the question.

The answer to this of course is "Jesus" (2 Cor 5.21).

We deserve death (Gen 2.17;Rom 1.32). God cannot justify the wicked (Ex 23.7; Prov 17.15) yet He is merciful and gracious (Ex 34.6-7). So He nailed our sins to the cross with Himself (Col 2.13-14). The result of this is the answer to Job's question. How can we stand before God and be declared righteous? Jesus (1 Cor 1.30).

No comments:

reftagger