Saturday, December 03, 2005

missional

Today in a meeting I used the word “missional”. Not only did Microsoft not like the word, but it also felt a little foreign to the group. Interestingly, I later read “Becoming God’s Missional People” in Cutting Edge. Here are a couple of quotes from that article:

“As a missional people, we are not commissioned to go out and do what we think God wants done, but we are to do what He is doing.”

Isaiah 49.6, "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."

“When talking about what God is doing in our lives and what the purpose of our life is, we have to remember that we are on a mission with God. He’s on a mission; therefore, as his people, we are on his mission.”

I’m praying for ways to reach those outside the community. I seem to have allowed work within the body to consume me and limit my exposure outside of the body. This is not healthy.

Technorati Tags : ,

No comments:

reftagger