Wednesday, February 10, 2010

dash on living christianly

I appreciate Michael Wittmer's review of Brian McLaren's A New Kind of Christianity. Darryl Dash adds some excellent insight that is probably applicable to almost any issue we face and I thank him for this reminder.

A few years ago, I was struggling with some of the issues McLaren raises. But I found that some of the answers being proposed were less, not more, satisfying. I believe that our biggest need is not for a new Christianity, but instead to rediscover some of the contours of the gospel we may have forgotten. We don’t need a new contract; we need to “guard the good deposit” that’s been entrusted to us (2 Timothy 1:14).

We really don’t need a new kind of Christianity. We need to do a better job of rediscovering, and living in light of, the one we already have.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

reftagger