- [Concerning one of the new "movements" in the church that was causing a stir among Christians:] "There's also a stir when the circus comes to town."
- [Concerning the fixation that today's church has with numbers, with growth at any price:] "The church has paid a terrible price for statistics!"
- "Either the Bible is absolute or obsolete, which is it?"
- "There's only two kinds of people in the world: those dead to sin and those dead in sin."
- "If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified."
- "The Church used to be a lifeboat rescuing the perishing. Now she is a cruise ship recruiting the promising."
- "A popular evangelist reaches your emotions. A true prophet reaches your conscience."
- "Your doctrine can be as straight as a gun barrel…and just as empty!"
- "You can have all of your doctrines right, yet still not have the presence of God."
Thursday, August 14, 2008
I recently tumbled onto these quotes of Leonard Ravenhill. I remember reading his stuff via Keith Green "back in the day". I forgot how feisty he was ... but accurate nonetheless.