Monday, February 25, 2008

larry norman r.i.p.

I'm in Asia working so my news has been a little slow these past few days. I just learned that Larry Norman died.

His last recorded words to his friends ...
I feel like a prize in a box of cracker jacks with God's hand reaching down to pick me up. I have been under medical care for months. My wounds are getting bigger. I have trouble breathing. I am ready to fly home.

Goodbye, farewell, we'll meet again
Somewhere beyond the sky.
I pray that you will stay with God
Goodbye, my friends, goodbye.


Why Don't You Look Into Jesus


I remember my early days after my "re-birth" listening to him and Keith Green for hours on end. Norman was always a bit odd. A friend of mine met him once and asked him if he had heard of the Vineyard. Norman replied, "yeah, I started it."

No comments:

reftagger