Sunday, February 24, 2008

extra biblical pyro confusion

I haven't written in awhile about Teampyro so I dropped by their blog to see what's up. Mostly I saw that they have finally shifted back to good old-fashioned blogging on Biblical principals and I like it (very refreshing from what had become typical in their past posts).

On the other hand, this post from Dan Phillips reminded me that they remain intentionally muddled in their bias against those that believe that God speaks today.

Phillips persists in misrepresenting those that believe God speaks. He writes that they are "impatiently looking past His word for something better, more exciting, more entertaining." While I'm sure it is true that some are improperly motivated to hear God speak outside of the Bible, that does not take away from the point that it is Biblical that God speaks. I think we can agree that some are also improperly motivated toward Scripture but that would not make Bible study wrong.

Phillips writes that those who believe that God speaks today are "professed Christians" as opposed to real Christians and that they are "into everything but the Word of God". Somehow he refuses the evidence that many who hold to contuationism have a very high value of Scripture. I would argue it is his that is the unbiblical position and that it he who is placing experience and tradition above the Word of Truth.

What's my point? It's the same as in the past. Teampyro and those like them should stick to speaking about the Bible. This way we could just disagree on our understanding of Scripture rather than focusing on vain and silly arguments.

No comments:

reftagger