On the enigma we know as Randy No-Blog
- (When talking fashion) “It doesn’t have to be vertical stripes, just a regular pattern - like solid.”
- “I don’t agree with everything he says but…”
- “Good news Rick, you’ve just been upgraded from a cult to simply misguided.”
- “If it were up to me, we wouldn’t celebrate any holidays!”
- (When talking music in church) “Drums, two guitars, keyboard, and a flute - it’s gettin’ scary.”
- “I don’t normally do this, but in this case, I’ll make a generalization….”
- (When talking printers) “Nope, I don’t do color.”
- “Nope - don’t like cards….don’t send ‘em, don’t want ‘em.”
- “Nope - don’t dance….never have, never will…can’t make me.”
- “As a matter of fact, in my opinion….”
- “Golf courses and grave yards - don’t like ‘em, poor use of land.”
- “Ninety percent of the people that teach error are sincere in their error.”
- “People can have emotions, they just shouldn’t base anything on them.”
- When asked to read an opening scripture at a wedding, his first choice is “Jesus wept” - because it’s short.
- “Palm pilots? Nope, don’t own one, don’t need one…have my mind don’t I?”
- “I normally don’t like fluffy things.”
- “It’s not a lie, it’s just not the truth.”
- “They’re just too legalistic for me.”
- “You can’t expect them to teach only the facts.”
- “Well, it’s not that serious of a crime.”
- “That’s not Biblical, it’s Old Testament.”
- “I only own one movie…Chevy Chase’s Christmas Vacation…it’s a classic.”
- On March 7th in the year of our Lord 1999, Randy No-Blog handled a snake at Church. In that same service, he openly displayed emotion.
- (While discussing Biblical interpretation) “well it only means that in English”.
- “Hey - the Scriptures are additive.”
- On March 30th in the year of our Lord 1999, Randy No-Blog sent an e-mail containing a grammatical error.
- When questioned about said error (above), Randy replied, “Hey, it was the computer’s fault.”
- “Rick, I want to get your opinion.”
- “I have to admit I was wrong on that.”
- “I’d have to say I agree with him on that.”
- “Yeah, I owned a ’68 Mustang - British racing green, 390 cc - when you started it you could feel the ground shake!”
- “The Simpsons was good this week.”
What drew me was your photo which did not match the video content. Not that I'm judging you, but...big cigar...lots of facial hair...not what I expected at all.
I thought hmmm, am I that odd? Then Rick Henry Frueh wrote today:
You happen to be the most intriging/confusing/incongruous theological mongrel of them all. A emergent leaning, charismatic, Calvinist.
Perhaps Randy is not the only enigma and perhaps that is not as bad of a thing as I thought ...
Technorati Tags: personal