I love how God works through Gary Sweeten - simple yet deep and redemptive. Here Sweeten reminds us of the first step to stop stinking thinking - that is to "spot it". We need to spot the offending thought. If it's not Biblical, rational, or healthy then it's stinking. When we hear ourself or someone else say something, the signs of stinking thinking are:
- Does not bring us closer to Christ
- Does not build me up in faith
- Tells me I need to do more to please God
- Tells me God will be mad and punish me unless I am holy
- Says I need to attack another person
No one can make us change but if we can spot it, with the Lord's help, healing may follow.