Sunday, June 03, 2012

heaven is heaven

Interesting post by Tim Kimberley on Reflections on Heaven. Like Kimberley, I believe heaven is heaven, hell is hell, and we remember - but don't forget, heaven is heaven.

... I think my future response ... has already been made by me, recorded by another, and preserved for all of us. What in the world does that sentence mean?

I believe the events of Revelation 19 are still to occur in the future. When I make such a statement, I am describing a supernatural phenomenon. I believe in a supernatural God, however, so this is legal reasoning.

In some way God allowed John to preview events which had not yet come to pass. When John is observing the events which will be recorded and labeled as Revelation 19 , he is witnessing future extraordinary events. Why is this important? Because I think I am directly quoted in the Bible! Furthermore, I think YOU, if Jesus is your Savior, are quoted verbatim in the Bible. You make an appearance in Revelation 19:1-3 . Here’s what you say:
“After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out, “Hallelujah!
 Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for his judgments are true and just; for he has judged the great prostitute

who corrupted the earth with her immorality,

and has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”

Once more they cried out,

“Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.”
The apostle John has recorded your response. All humans have been judged. Some to eternal punishment, others to eternal life. We have witnessed it all. Your response, my response, they are the same as we all shout, “…for his judgments are true and just.”

Then an angel leaves us with a final thought as a new age for humanity commences. In Revelation 19:9 he says, “Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” No one is self-righteous at the wedding feast of the Lamb. We are all there because of the grace of God. Therefore, no one can boast.

Although it is better for us to be there, it is good for us, now, to be here. We are still able to proclaim the greatness of Jesus to those who have not responded. We are still able to have a fruitful ministry imploring others to be reconciled to God through Christ (2 Cor. 5:20-21 ).

Read his full post here ...

No comments:

reftagger