Friday, September 28, 2007

worship changes us

To worship is to quicken the conscience by the holiness of God, to feed the mind with the truth of God, to purge the imagination by the beauty of God, to open the heart to the love of God, to devote the will to the purpose of God. - William Temple

We are changed when we worship yet in worship we have only one goal - intimacy with God.

One Day At A Time by Seth Anderson

Moment by moment
Let me be Your servant
Jesus, make me more like You
Grant Your grace just to see me through

Living in the present
To capture every second
Not thinking ‘bout what I’d like to do
Bearing down just to follow You

Hey, let me live like You today
Teach me, Lord, to know how
To live one day at a time now
One day, one day at a time

From the morning dawn to the evening dusk
I won’t put my treasures in what might rust
I’m just asking You to hold me
So this world won’t own me (and I said)

Help me lay down things for myself
Take up a cross and ask Your help
That every moment would be
To do what You will of me

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

reftagger