Tony Morgan interviews Bill Willits on how to get small groups unstuck (spoiler alert, it isn't to find another program). Amazing that after all of these years of doing church that most leaders do not get the basics.
- Appointing an empowered point leader is one of the first steps to getting a small group ministry unstuck.
- Many small group ministries are stuck because of a lack of leadership development.
- Churches tend to overcast vision for community and under-prepare leaders for leading the community.
- Helpful and timely training is a must.
- Establish leaders as guides instead of directors, partners instead of trainers.
- Churches can leverage teaching in menu philosophy.
- If churches offer small groups and Sunday School, they should strive to avoid competing strategies.