Monday, May 02, 2011

saved from god

From whom are we saved? A response by Chris Brauns:

R.C. Sproul:
. . . I said, “Do you want to know what you are saved from? In a word, you are saved from God.” They just gasped and to this day when I attend that convention people come up to me and say, “I had never thought of that until I heard your message.” It is God who saves people from God because his wrath is stored up against the day of wrath, and he most certainly will demonstrate, as he has demonstrated his love toward us “in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Commentary on Romans, 161, emphasis added).
Sproul references Romans 5:8 in making his point, but John 3:36 also comes to mind:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him (John 3:36).

No comments:

reftagger