Wednesday, February 08, 2006

cartoons evil?

I can always look to John Piper to bring clarity along with the heart of the Gospel. Here are his comments regarding the current events triggered by cartoons of Muhammad.

Being Mocked: The Essence of Christ’s Work, Not Muhammad’s

What we saw this past week in the Islamic demonstrations over the Danish cartoons of Muhammad was another vivid depiction of the difference between Muhammad and Christ, and what it means to follow each. Not all Muslims approve the violence. But a deep lesson remains: The work of Muhammad is based on being honored and the work of Christ is based on being insulted. This produces two very different reactions to mockery. [read more]

The question for me is how well am I living this out? Am I sharing in Christ's suffering? Do I respond to attacks as one who has died to self? Answer - not really.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

reftagger