- The inerrancy and infallibility of Scripture (against liberalism’s attempt to reduce the Bible to a work of men)
- The virgin birth and deity of Jesus Christ (against the liberal view that Jesus was only human, and not God)
- Christ’s substitutionary atonement (against the liberal position that Jesus saves by supplying a moral example)
- The literal, physical resurrection of Jesus (against the liberal position that dismisses the supernatural events in Scripture as mere symbols of a spiritual truth)
- The literal, physical return of Jesus (against the liberal position that dismisses it as a reality)
Worse, now, as then, this angers conservatives who fall into the trap of doctrinal interrogations that actually become divisive and make them appear to pick on "the peace-loving liberals".
There's nothing new under the sun ...
Technorati Tags: Emerging Church